Firefighter/Paramedic and Firefighter/EMT
The Alexandria Fire District is accepting applications to create an eligibility list for Firefighter/Paramedic and Firefighter/EMT career position. Interested persons can obtain an application packet online at www.alexandriaky.org. Applications will be accepted until Friday, December 8, 2017 at 4 PM
The Alexandria Fire District offers a competitive salary and benefits package. The candidate must be able to obtain a Kentucky Certified 400 hour firefighter certificate, IFSAC FF I, IFSAC FF II, and Kentucky Inspector Certification within twelve (12) months of hire.
The minimum qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- Be at least twenty-one years of age at date of contingent job offer and date of employment.
- Possess a valid driver’s license at date of application and employment.
- Have an acceptable Justice System Offense record and driving history.
- Have previous firefighting experience and possess a Kentucky 150 hour firefighter certificate.
- Possess a current Kentucky Paramedic or EMT certificate at date of contingent job offer and date of employment.
- Possess a current ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) provider card at date of contingent job offer and date of employment (for PARAMEDIC).
- Possess a current PEPP (Pediatric Education for Pre-hospital Professionals) or PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support) certification at date of contingent job offer and date of employment (for PARAMEDIC).
- Possess a current (CPAT) Candidate Physical Ability Test) certification at date of contingent job offer and date of employment, unless qualified Lateral Entry.
- Have achieved a High School diploma or GED certificate.
- Possess strong inter-personnel skills, technical abilities, and work ethics.
- Must be physically capable of performing job responsibilities
The Alexandria Fire District is an equal opportunity employer and has the right to accept or reject any application. Firefighter/Paramedic starting salary of $46,525.44 plus State Incentive $4,000.00 once you are qualified, for an annual $50,525.44. Firefighter/EMT starting salary of $38,500.00 plus State Incentive $4,000.00 once you are qualified, for an annual $42,500.00. Current benefits include paid sick and vacation time, short/long term disability, single dental, life insurance, and excellent family health/vision insurance.
Applications will be accepted until
Friday, December 8, 2017 at 4:00 PM
The attached Application and Background check are Adobe PDF documents that allow you to fill them out on your computer and save them If you don’t already have Adobe Reader, you can get you free copy from https://get.adobe.com/reader/ Please download these forms to your computer, once you have typed in all of the information print it off, sign it and return with all of the requested information. Please be sure to look at the attached Checklist to ensure you are turning in all of the requested documents.