December 2018

Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun
  • Planning & Zoning Commission Meeting
  • Lunch with Santa
  • CANCELLED-Annexation Committee Meeting
  • CANCELLED-City Council Meeting
  • Santa on the Fire Truck
  • Offices Closed-Christmas Holidays
  • Offices Closed-New Year's Eve
Just click on the question you want answered below:
How do I report a pothole?

Contact the Public Works Supervisor at 859-635-4125.

Who should I contact if there's a street light out?

Contact Duke Energy at and follow the prompts to help them locate exactly where the outage is. 

Can I still get a paver at the Tribute Park for my loved one?

Yes, pavers are $45 for small pavers, $90 for large pavers.  You can download the form HERE and fill out.  Completed forms are accepted at the City Clerk’s Office.

How can I rent the Community Center?

Call 859-635-6359 and check availability and to make arrangements to complete a contract and make payment.

Is the large shelter at the Alexandria Community Park available to rent? What is the cost?

If you live within the city limits of Alexandria, you are able to reserve the large park shelter (by the fishing dock).  The initial layout is $50 (two $25 checks).  One check is deposited for the event and the other is held until after the event.  As long as the park rules are followed and the trash is cleaned up, the renter will get that second $25 check back after the event.  A reservation form will also need to be completed.  Any city resident wishing to rent the large shelter should call the City Building to check on the date, and the city staff will assist you in making the necessary arrangements.

Do I need a permit to have a garage sale?

No, ONLY IF you plan on having one more than twice a year.  Chapter 116 of Alexandria’s Code of Ordinances (BUSINESS LICENSES), states “Yard sales, garage sales, street sales, and all other similar type sales shall not be required to purchase a license as required herein unless such sales are held by the same person or family or on the same premises more than twice during the period between July 1 through June 30, or if the sale exceeds 3 consecutive days.  In the event the sale exceeds 3 consecutive days or takes place on more than 2 occasions during the licensed period, then a license will be required in the amount of $25 per day.

Keep in mind though that signs advertising your garage sale are only permitted on your property and should not be put at the top of your street.

Where do I go to vote?

Visit, enter the required information, click Submit, and you will be directed to the correct precinct. 

What are the rules and regulations for putting my trash at the curb?

Section 50.30 of the City’s Code of Ordinance states:

“Occupants of all residential units shall place the trash for collection at the curb in front of residential unit no earlier than the day prior to the day scheduled for collection at that residence.  The receipacle . . . shall be removed from the curb and returned to the premises of the residential unit prior to midnight on the day of collection.”

Currently, the City of Alexandria has contracted with Rumpke for curbside service.  All Alexandria Households with curbside trash collection will have the opportunity to receive one 96-gallon wheeled garbage cart (waste wheeler) and one 65-gallon wheeled recycling cart, at no additional charge.  Call 1-877-786-7537 to request these.

For a list of acceptable items, instructions on how to bundle certain items for curbside service, and additional information, please Click Here

How do I dispose of old paint?

Rumpke can and will accept paint cans IF the lids are off and the paint is dry.  To dry paint, allow the pain to sit with the lid off, or add kitty litter or sawdust to the paint to help dry up the liquid. 

What happens to trash/recycling service if there's a holiday during the week?

Click on to view schedules.  You are in the “SOUTHEAST” area.

How can I view public documents and records?

You must first download a Public Records Request Form to submit to the City.  The City then has 3 business days to respond and/or produce the requested documents. 

No announcement available or all announcement expired.