The Alexandria Fire District is accepting applications to create an eligibility list for Firefighter/Paramedic career position. Interested persons can obtain an application packet online at www.alexandriaky.org.
The Alexandria Fire District offers a competitive salary and benefits package. The candidate must be able to obtain a Kentucky Certified 400 hour firefighter certificate, IFSAC FF I, IFSAC FF II, and Kentucky Inspector Certification within twelve (12) months of hire.
The minimum qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- Be at least twenty-one years of age at date of contingent job offer and date of employment.
- Possess a valid driver’s license at date of application and employment.
- Have an acceptable Justice System Offense record and driving history
- Previous firefighting experience. A one-hundred-fifty (150) hour and four hundred (400) hour firefighter certificate must be obtained within one (1) year of employment.
- Possess a current Kentucky Paramedic certificate at date of contingent job offer and date of employment. Consideration may be given to Candidates who are currently enrolled in an approved Paramedic class nearing completion.
- Possess a current ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) provider card at date of contingent job offer and date of employment.
- Possess a current PEPP (Pediatric Education for Pre-hospital Professionals) or PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support) certification at date of contingent job offer and date of employment.
- Possess a current CPAT (Candidate Physical Ability Test) certification unless exempt per KRS and Kentucky Fire Commission Regulations
- Have achieved a High School diploma or GED certificate.
- Possess strong inter-personnel skills, technical abilities, and work ethics.
- Must be physically capable of performing job responsibilities
The Alexandria Fire District is an equal opportunity employer and has the right to accept or reject any application. A Starting salary of $46,525.44 plus State Incentive $4,000.00 once you are qualified, for an annual $50,525.44. Current benefits include paid sick and vacation time, short/long term disability, single dental, life insurance, and excellent family health/vision insurance.
The attached Application and Background check are Adobe PDF documents that allow you to fill them out on your computer and save them If you don’t already have Adobe Reader, you can get you free copy from https://get.adobe.com/reader/ Please download these forms to your computer, once you have typed in all of the information print it off, sign it and return with all of the requested information. Please be sure to look at the attached Checklist to ensure you are turning in all of the requested documents.