Alexandria Police Department
The city of Alexandria, Kentucky is located in Northern Kentucky just minutes from downtown Cincinnati, Ohio. With just over 10,300 residents, our motto, “Where the city meets the country,” truly defines the opportunities that living and working in our community offers.
The city of Alexandria Police Department is a state accredited agency. We are community and employee driven, taking a personal and innovative approach to the needs of society. At present, we employee 15 full-time sworn officers, 1 police social worker, and 2 school resource officers. As a small agency, officers are closely involved in the development and implementation of programs, community events, and services. The foundation of our policing principles lies in our core values: human life, integrity, cooperation, and excellence. We believe that the work we do has a vital impact on the quality of life in our community.
NIXLE is an instant communication tool, utilized by our agency to send notifications about traffic, weather, missing persons, and other critical incidents to residents. To sign up for Alexandria alerts, text 41001 to 888-777.
The mission of the Alexandria Police Department is to provide professional, high quality, and effective police service in partnership with the community. We believe that our work has a vital impact on the quality of life in our community.
Human Life: We value life and dignity above all else. Therefore:
- We give first priority to situations that threaten life.
- We use force only when necessary.
- We treat all persons with dignity and respect.
- We are compassionate and caring.
Integrity: We believe integrity is the basis of community trust. Therefore:
- We are honest and truthful.
- We are consistent in our beliefs and actions.
- We hold ourselves to high standards of moral and ethical conduct.
- We are role models for the community.
Excellence: We strive for personal and professional excellence. Therefore:
- We do our best.
- We seek adequate resources in staffing, facilities, equipment, training, salaries, and benefits.
- We recruit and hire the best people.
- We are receptive to new ideas, to change.
- We meet state-recognized law enforcement standards.
- We lead by example.
- We work toward realistic, mutually-agreed-upon goals.
Cooperation: We believe that cooperation and team work will enable us to combine our diverse backgrounds, skills and styles to achieve common goals. Therefore:
- We work as a team.
- We strive to understand those who disagree with us.
- We seek the help and cooperation of others.
- We seek to resolve conflicts.
- We rely on community support and involvement.
- We share our responsilibity to serve the citizens of Alexandria, KY with many other agencies and organizations.
In Memory of Officer James Sticklen and Code Enforcement Officer Bill Hipple